Workers Compensation Attorneys in Boise, Idaho

You are entitled to receive workers compensation benefits if you injured while working or if you have become ill because of something related to your employment. Contact us if you have questions about the type of problems that qualify for benefits. Your employer is required to carry workers compensation insurance.

There are four categories of workers compensation benefits. They are:

  1. medical benefits;
  2. partial income replacement benefits (TTD or TPD);
  3. physical impairment benefits (PPI); and
  4. benefits for loss of earning capacity (PPD).

All medical care is covered by workers compensation, provided that the treatment is for a work-related condition.  Payments should be made promptly. Contact us if your bills are not being paid.

You are entitled to receive income replacement benefits during the time that you cannot work because you are recovering from your medical problems.  The rate is calculated based on a formula adopted by the Idaho Legislature.  Usually, checks are issued every two weeks. Contact us and we can verify if you are receiving the correct rate of compensation.

Impairment benefits are paid based upon the permanent losses which you sustain because of your work-related condition.  Impairment ratings should be given by your doctor only after you have reached your maximum medical improvement.  Until then, you are entitled to receive medical care to maximize your recovery and minimize the impact your condition has on you.

Disability benefits are paid to compensate you for the impact your physical problems have on your ability to obtain and perform work.  The benefits are based upon the earnings loss caused by your work-related injuries.  You will need a lawyer to get the full value of your claim.

Your employer’s insurance company will attempt to manipulate your claim to minimize the amount it pays you.  Early attorney involvement will help you prevent this abuse. Contact us immediately if the insurance company:

  1. Sends you to a doctor of their choice;
  2. Refuses to provide medical care which you need;
  3. Assigns their nurse care manager to “help” you; or
  4. A doctor tells you that you are about finished with your medical treatment.

Let’s Discuss the Results You Want to Achieve

Call FULCHER KOONTZ LAW PLLC at (208) 888-9980 or send us an e-mail to schedule a free initial consultation about your case.